- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Georgia to take part in political debates in parliament2009-07-16 23:28
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili will take part in political debates scheduled for July 17 in parliament, Speaker David Bakradze told journalists warning that "tomorrow will be an interesting day for all of us", News Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I had consultations with the president whom I naturally informed on the preplanned political debates in parliament tomorrow. The president expressed his willingness to come to the parliament and debate. I believe it's a positive decision of his. People will have an opportunity to understand the president's vision and judgments followed by the analysis, assessment and debates between political forces represented in parliament", - Bakradze stated.
"The idea of debates is to leave no issue and no topic undiscussed, to leave no issue that disturbs our society, - Bakradze said live on GPB.
Political debates were urged by the oppositional Christian Democratic parliamentary faction. By preliminary information pro-presidential majority and parliamentary opposition will be granted 45 minutes each according to the format of debates.