- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliamentary debates to be held in Georgia2009-07-20 12:22
Today political debates with participation of the President will be held in Georgian parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Initially planned for Friday, the debates were adjourned upon Mikheil Saakashvili's request, said David Bakradze, the Speaker.
He said he had a talk with the President, and he asked for a few days to undergo comprehensive consultations.
"I think that parliamentary parties and fractions will have a chance to prepare better for the new reality the participation of the president in the debates will create", Bakradze stated.
Levan Vepkhvadze, the Vice-Speaker from the parliamentary minority, underlined that opposition has nothing against giving some time to the President.
"I think this is one more challenge, and the President underlines at the present moment these are being seriously considered by the government, and it demands much time for proper preparation", he stated.
According to the previous messages of Georgia Times, it was the Christian Democrats opposition fraction that demanded debates.