- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Georgia’s hopes to join NATO are almost dead2009-07-20 12:30
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, stated that in nearest future the country will manage neither to join NATO nor return Abkhazia and South Ossetia - Yuga.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his interview to The Wall Street Journal Saakashvili said that Georgia's hopes to join NATO are "almost dead".
Besides, the Georgian leader said the country's three majour aims: joining NATO and the EU, and return of control over Abkhazia and South Ossetia are unlikely to be achieved in the nearest future.
These statements will be included in his speech to be delivered on July 20th - The Wall Street Journal. According to the same source, the president of Georgia intends to publish a number of domestic policy initiatives, aimed to improve the situation in the country.