- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Protest action against amendments to the law on rallies in being held near the Parliament of Georgia2009-07-20 13:06
Protest action, organized by the Join! Youth movement is being held near the Georgian Parliament. According to Georgia Times reporter in Tbilisi, the organizers claim they will stay till the arrival of Mikheil Saakashvili to the Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the previous messages of Georgia Times, today the debates with the participation of the President are planned, and young opposition members want to call on him to veto the package on amendments to the laws on manifestations, on police, and to the administrative legal code [package endorsed by the Parliament last Friday, and toughening the rules to stage protest actions].
The protesters also demand the release of political prisoners and punishment for policemen, who broke the law while dispersing opposition rallies.
The action started that night, is being staged near all the entrances to the Parliament, dozens of the Join! movement participate.