- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Swine flu epidemic pinnacle in Georgia expected in winter2009-07-20 15:28
The season of H1N1 (swine flu) epidemic in Georgia will begin in September, said Paata Imnadze , the head of the national center for control over diseases - Commersant.ge. According to Imnadze, it will reach pinnacle in winter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He explained that if treatment is began when first symptoms appear, the medicines existing in Georgia (like Tamiflu) it will be effective. Imnadze advises people to observe the rules of hygiene so far.
The first case of H1N1 in Georgia was recorded on July 18th - Georgia Times: a young woman, who returned from Great Britain several days before, fell ill. She is currently isolated and under treatment. The woman arrived in Georgia via Armenia, her name is kept secret.
Tamiflu and Relenza are the medicines used to treat the disease. According to the Ministry of Healthcare, the country has a sufficient stock of them, pharmacies confirm the ministry's statement.