- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Medvedev: recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia was right2009-07-20 18:36
Today in Kremlin, at the meeting with officer appointed to the highest commandment positions, Dmitri Medvedev aid that course of events in the world proved the decision on recognition of independency of Abkhzia and South Ossetia was right - Radio Rossiyi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If that time we hadn't done that tough, consistently and generally effective, the significant part of South Ossetia residents wouldn't live in that world right now", Medvedev said.
He assessed positively the actions of Russian military in the August 2008 events.
According to the previous messages of Georgia Times, last week Dmitri Medvedev made a short trip to the capital of South Ossetia. In Tskhinval he was met by Eduard Kokoyty [the leader of South Ossetia] and members of the government. "I would like to express my gratitude to you for having invited me to the new country, the new state, to South Ossetia that emerged as a result of drastic events and that was supported by Russian people in a difficult time. I believe today's short visit of the Russian President will lay the foundation for this kind of contacts and friendly relations," he said.