- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili proposed to conduct local elections on May 30th 20102009-07-21 11:50
Yesterday President Mikheil Saakashvili made a speech in the Parliament of Georgia and presented the two initiatives concerning local elections, Georgia Times reporter in Tbilisi says.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He proposed to adjourn the date of elections from autumn 2010 to May 30th 2010, and local governance elections will be held at the same time.
"The direct election of mayors, including the mayor of Tbilisi, will be held in May 2010, some nine month from now. To ensure our fellow citizens and foreign friends that these elections will be exemplary, we should have a new electoral code and a new electoral commission by the end of this year," he said.