- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Baramidze: participation of the USA in the EUMM will reinforce the latter2009-07-22 12:01
The participation of the USA representatives in the EU Monitoring Mission in Georgia will "definitely reinforce that mission", stated Georgi Baramidze, the State Minister for European and Atlantic Integration - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The possible appearance of the USA representatives in the EUMM will allow creating in the future a basis for turning the EUMM in police or peacemaking mission".
Givi Targamadze, the chairman of the parliamentary Committee for Defense and Security said that joining of representatives of Turkey to the EUMM cannot be ruled out.
The USA is ready to consider the idea of sending their monitors to join the EU mission in Georgia in case of the corresponding official request from the side Brussels. At the same time he underlined that the USA and the EU have already discussed the possibility of including U.S. representatives into the EUMM in Georgia.