- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: Saakashvili urged the USA to supply Georgia with advanced weapons2009-07-22 13:11
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, urged the USA to supply Georgia with advanced defensive weapons to confront the threat from the Russian side, he said in his interview to The Washington Post - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I think the decision to help us is there," he added, noting recent meetings between Georgian and U.S. defense officials. "It's a matter of speeding up the process. . ." - the Washington Post.
A decision by the United States and its NATO allies not to supply Georgia with defensive arms, on the other hand, would be seen as weakness, he said.
Saakashvili expressed hope that Joseph Biden, the U.S. Vice-President, arriving in Tbilisi this evening, will accept his request positively.