- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Meeting of Saakashvili and Biden began2009-07-23 11:52
The official meeting of Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, and Joseph Biden, the U.S. Vice-President, began in Avlabari residence in Tbilisi - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony was started with American and Georgian anthems. The Georgian leader and the American Vice-President meet one-on-one, later Nikoloz Gilauri, the PM, Eka Tkeshelashvili, the Security Council Secretary General, and a number of ministers will join. Later, in Tbilisi Marriott hotel Biden will conducta meeting with civil sector and NGOs' representatives, then with opposition leaders.
In the afternoon Biden will be met in the Parliament, and will hold a meeting with Speaker David Bakradze. Then the U.S. guest will be received by parliamentary opposition leaders, after which will deliver a speech to MPs .
After the meeting s in the Parliament Biden will meet refugee children from South Ossetia and Abkhazia, as well as internally displaced people from Shida Kartli. The children are participants of educational program financed by USAID.