- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA promises do not interfere in the domestic policy of Georgia2009-07-23 17:48
At today's meeting with opposition leaders Joseph Biden, the U.S. Vice President promised that Washington won't interfere in domestic policy processes of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He added that the issues of calling early parliamentary and presidential elections in Georgia, as well as determination of the date and candidates can be decided only by the Georgian people.
According to Levan Gachechiladze, the United Opposition leader, at the meeting with Biden two important moments were touched upon.
"Firstly, he stated that the USA will not interfere in the domestic affairs of Georgia, and only the Georgian people will decide when the elections will be held and who will be the President. Secondly, Biden underlined that if democratic reforms are not conducted in Georgia and there is no democracy, no assistance from the USA side can be expected", Gachechiladze said.