- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia will allow MPs to restore mandates2009-07-24 17:31
The Parliament of Georgia intends to amend the legislation and allow MPs who renounced their mandates or tore them, restore their ones and return to the Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The initiative will be presented next week by the President for consideration of the Parliament, said Mikheil Machavariani, the Vice Speaker.
Another President's initiative concerns transfer of the Parliament to Kutaisi.
Delivering speech at the debates, Mikheil Saakashvili stated that he proposed opposition MPs to return to the Parliament and restore the torn mandates. He also said that Kutaisi must become the second parliamentary center, and proposed to hold committee sittings in Tbilisi, and plenary ones - in Kutaisi. The president believes it will let MPs to learn the problems of the regions better.