- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iakobashvili: talks about federalization of Georgia are premature2009-07-24 17:58
Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration Issues of Georgia regards talks of federalization of Georgia as premature till its territories are not "deoccupied" -Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Joe Biden, the U.S. Vice President, in the course of his visit advised to "leave the door open" for Abkhazia and South Ossetia and think of federal structure of Georgia.
In his view, these are not the authorities to decide upon this issue. "In the first line we must ask the population of these territories," Iakobashvili underlined.
Georgi Baramia, the head of the "alternative government" of Abkhazia called the proposal on federalism interesting. According to Baramia, federalism implies wide authorities for Abkhazia. He expressed hope that Sokhumi will listen to that idea.