- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia hails the extension of the EUMM in Georgia mandate2009-07-28 11:42
Foreign Ministry of Russia regards the fact of the EU monitoring mission in Georgia mandate extension as a positive fact, said Grigori Karasin, the deputy Foreign Minister of Russia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He added that the min thing in this region is to maintain stability.
"It's important that the Mission supports contacts with Russian military and border guards, Karasin said," The presence of monitors in the area deters possible aggressive attempts and force fantasies of Tbilisi side".
"The Russian side is ready to continue the constructive interaction with the EU mission in the framework of its mandate we know well," Karasin said.
"At the same time the EU decision is abound in words and terms showing the desire to continue political games", the diplomat added. He said he kew about the attempts to penetrate in the territory of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, tough the name of the mission implies it envelops only Georgia.
"We share the regrets of the EU on the termination of the UN and the OSCE missions in the region," he said, "The decision of Brussels lacks the explanation why does that happened. These were the Western countries that blocked Russia's proposals on continuation of field presences in Abkhazia and South Ossetia".