- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Incident prevention meeting held in Gali2009-07-28 18:47
The second 5-side meeting on incident prevention and investigation was held in Gali [Georgian-Abkhazian border]- ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Issues of organizaion were discussed in the beginning of the meeting. In particular: establishment of a hotline to exchange information on the situation in border regions.
The Georgian side raised the issue of detention of 2 buses with passengers, trying to cross the Georgian-Abkhazian border on Inguri river, occurred on July 22nd . The Abkhazian side responded the buses intended to cross the border beyond limits implied by their passes, and passengers had no documents of identification.
The Abkhazian side demanded information about David Singua, the citizen of Abkhazia, kidnapped in February 2006 by Georgian special services. The Georgian side replied nothing is known but promised to inform I case something would appear. According to maxim Gvinjia, the deputy Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, the meeting was "constructive, though held in a tense atmosphere".