- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ukraine admitted it still supplies Georgia with weapons2009-07-29 11:09
Ukraine admitted it still supplies Georgia with weapons, RIA Novosti reports alluding to The Vedomosti newspaper.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday Eduard Kokoyty, the leader of South Ossetia, claimed that the USA, Ukraine and Israel still supply armaments to Georgia. In early July Sergei Bondarchuk, Ukrspecexport director general, in his interview to The Syogodni newspaper stated that the company had complied and complied with the weapon supplies contracts.
In January Dmitri Medvedev, the President of Russia, signed a decree prohibiting supplies of arms from Russia to Georgia. The decree also allows prohibiting military and technical cooperation with the companies supplying arms of Soviet and Russian design to Georgia.
According to Ukrspecexport managers, no sanctions has been imposed do far, the company works actively with Russian partners.
Desregard the requests of the Georgian president, after the August war many Western suppliers are afraid to sell arms to georgia, says Mikhail Barabanov, Moscow Defense Brief journal. But Ukraine really supplied weapons even after war - to comply with the contracts signed in early 2008: twentyT-72B tanks, also, possibly, several dozens of APC -70 DI and antitank missiles.
Ruslan Pukhov, the director of the center for analysis of strategies and technologies, says that sanctions in regard to Ukraine for arms supplies to Georgia are hardly possible.