- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA won’t renounce support for Georgia and Ukraine2009-07-30 11:08
The USA won't renounce the support for Georgia and Ukraine and confirm their right for NATO membership, said Celeste Wallander, deputy Assistant secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia Policy, at a hearing of the US House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Answering senators' questions Wallander reaffirmed Washington's support of Georgia to choose its own foreign policy and rejected the notion that Russia had a privileged sphere of influence in its neighborhood. Those sentiments were echoed by Philip Gordon, the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian affairs, who also testified at the hearing.
Previously Georgia Times reported that Joseph Biden, the U.S. Vice president, in the course of his visit to Tbilisi delivered speech to MPs and said the USA will support Georgia's aspiration for NATO ever further.