- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EUMM in Georgia urges to show the restraint on the threshold of August 2008 anniversary2009-07-30 16:12
Today the EUMM in Georgia called on the sides to show restraint and refrain from words and actions that could be considered provocative, as the anniversary of last August's events approaches.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"At this particularly sensitive time, it is vital that all sides show restraint and do nothing that could be considered provocative. It is in no one's interest to incite the situation at this time. In recent days there have been a number of incidents.
The EUMM continues to monitor and investigate events on the ground in its usual thorough, professional and balanced way and work with all sides to maintain security and stability for the people living in the areas adjacent to the administrative boundary lines," the Deputy Head of Mission, General Gilles Janvier said.
The EUMM hasn't commented the incident on Thursday night so far.
According to the Interior Ministry of Georgia, firing from small arms and grenade launchers was started from South Ossetian side and was directed to the police post in Nikozi.
The South Ossetian side reported about firing of Tskhinval from the Georgian side. No casualties or victims.