- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA is ready to think about participation in monitoring in Georgia2009-07-31 11:38
The USA is ready to consider all the variants to provide qualitative monitoring of the situation in Georgia, in case these are proposed, stated Philip Gordon, the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs- RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the hearings of the committee for the armed forces in the House of Representatives of the U.S.Congress he added that the USA support the EU monitoring mission in Georgia and regard it as a very important one.
Gordon highlighted that no-one invited them to participate, and they are ready to consider any variants to ensure stability of Georgia.
At the present moment most EU countries, in the first line France, Italy, Belgium and Cyprus believe that the EUMM Georgia must remain European-only operation. These countries think that participation of monitors from the USA or Turkey may aggravate the security situation in the region.