- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
London admitted that consequences of August war hasn’t been recovered2009-07-31 13:05
Much must be done to eliminate the consequences of the August 2008 events in Caucasus, believes David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary of Great Britain - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Almost one year on from the Russia-Georgia conflict, there remains a lot to do to repair the damage. Thousands of displaced people are still unable to return to their homes. Russian troops still occupy positions in breach of the ceasefire agreements signed last summer.
Our support for Georgia's rights is clear. Glenys Kinnock made this clear when she visited Tbilisi in June. I applaud the EU's decision this week to extend the EU Monitoring mission in Georgia," Miliband wrote in his official blog.
That time Kinnock stated that Great Britain regards Georgia an important partner for both the EU and NATO and intends to support Tbilisi in bilateral relations as well as in international organizations.
"I very much welcome Vice President Biden's reaffirmation during his recent visit to Tbilisi of US commitment to a democratic Georgia -consolidation of the progress made so far is the clearest path towards durable peace.
There is a separate and wider debate about European security spurred by President Medvedev's call for a "New European Security Architecture". It is important, and can show that the post Soviet geography of Central and Eastern Europe is not a threat to Russia. The greatest risks we face are shared,"Miliband's post continued.