- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Foreign Ministry accused Russia of attempts to penetrate deep in Georgian territory2009-08-03 10:58
On August 2nd, in the light of the messages concerning works being held by Russian military in settlement Kveshi [Gori region], the Foreign Ministry of Georgia spread a statement.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to this one, the military cam "with the aim of shifting the so-called "border" marked off the territory of the Georgian village with posts, which represents an attempt by the Russian occupants to penetrate into the depth of the Georgian territory".
"It is noteworthy that this move of the occupants was preceded 2 days ago by the Tskhinvali proxy regime's statements claiming that Tskhinvali plans to demand ‘return' to "South Ossetia" of the Truso Gorge, Kazbegi district (Mtskheta-Mtianeti region). It is obvious that the proxy regime in Tskinvali voices the plans, which the Russian occupants are intending to carry out in practice.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia condemns this action and emphasizes that Russia is held fully responsible for any further provocation. Extremely alarming is also the fact that with the approach of the anniversary of Russia's aggression against Georgia, the Russian side and the proxy regimes under its control, make deliberate efforts to escalate the situation and behave in an openly provocative manner," the statement claims.
The Foreign Ministry of Georgia calls on the international community to keep a close watch on the current development of events and give due assessment to the actions and rhetoric of the Russian side.