- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New NATO Secretary General: Georgia is not ready to join2009-08-03 15:52
At the present moment Geogia is not ready to integrate in NATO, said Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the new Secretary General of the Alliance - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the press conference in Brussels he noted they didn't comply with the necessary terms at this stage.
Rasmussen took the office on August 1st, and today officially started work in the headquarters of the Alliance in Brussels.
At the same time he confirmed the bloc's position and stated that Georgia and Ukraine will be granted membership, and NATO will continue rendering its assistance necessary for their integration.
In April 2008, at the summit in Bucharest Ukraine and Georgia were announced to become NATO members, and at the same time refused to be given the status of candidates for joining.