- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia and the USA urge to avoid provocations in Caucasus2009-08-03 16:19
Russia and the USA are for non-admission of provocations at Georgian-South Ossetian border, which may lead to aggravation of the situation in the region, the Foreign Ministry of Russia states - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The situation in the region was discussed over the phone by Grigory Karasin, the deputy Foreign Minister of Russia, and William Burns, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.
"In the course of the talk worrisome messages about skirmishes and increase of tension in the region of Georgian-South Ossetian border on the threshold of the anniversary of Georgia's August aggression against South Ossetia was discussed. The importance of non-admission of provocations, able to aggravate the explosive situation at the border of the two states, was highlighted. The sides agreed to continue contacts of this issue," the statement claimed.