- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mid-term elections to the Parliament of Georgia will be adjourned2009-08-04 10:09
Mid-term elections to the parliament of Georgia will be postponed. This decision was made after consultations of Speaker David Bakradze and representatives of the parliamentary minority - Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's bureau sitting the extraordinary sitting of the Parliament will be set, decision on adjournment will be made.
The idea to postpone the mid-term elections belongs to Christian Democrats, who believe that a new electoral code must be endorsed prior to calling the elections.
11 political parties, including the ruling one [United National Movement] has already submitted applications for participation in that three constituencies where the mid-term elections must take place.