- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Actions of commemoration to be held in Tskhinval2009-08-04 14:59
A number of events are planned in South Ossetia on the threshold of the 1st anniversary of the August war.gt-en-newsitem-inside
From August 7th to 10th "round tables", requiem concerts, exhibitions will be held. On August 8th citizens will stand on Theatre Square of Tskhinval for the whole night. Candles and lanterns will be lit to commemorate the victims. Names of the dead will be written down in the Book of Grief, the South Ossetian administration informed - ITAR TASS.
On August 8th the museum of Genocide will be opened in Tskhinval; meetings with journalists who worked in South Ossetia in August 2008, with Heroes of Russia and Heroes of Ossetia, who were awarded for the defense of South Ossetia, will be held.
Other actions of commemoration will take place in Vladikavkaz, Moscow, and St. Petersburg on August 7th - 9th .
According to Alan Pliyev, the Foreign Minister of South Ossetia, Venezuela will stage rallies with participation of high-ranking officials of the country to express support not only to South Ossetia and Abkhazia. The South Ossetian flag will be unfolded in front of the presidential palace; South Ossetian delegation will arrive in Venezuela.