- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia has no intention to join Russia so far2009-08-05 10:26
Dmitri Medoyev, the ambassador of South Ossetia to Russia said that South Ossetia had no intention to join Russia so far.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the same time, several days ago, in his interview to Reuters Eduard Kokoyty, the President of South Ossetia, said he saw the future of the region as the constituent part of Russia.
Commenting upon that statement, Medoyev said: "On August 26th we will celebrate the first anniversary of South Ossetia's recognition. Republic is an independent state, and we do not intend to exchange our independency. The independency cost us dear, cost thousands of lives. South Ossetia will build an independent state".
When asked about the process of reconstruction in the republic, the diplomat answered: "Russia successively implements its obligations, including the ones for ensuring the security of borders and conduction of constructive works".
The process f reconstruction has been going on since October 2008, and, according to medoyev, will last at least one year more.