- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA will impede recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-08-05 11:59
The USA intend to impede the wide international recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia in ever possible way, said Alexander Vershbow, the Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs (ISA), in the course of his speech in Senate's committee for the international affairs of the U.S. Congress.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Vershbow believes that despite the recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia by Russia and Nicaragua, "these separatist regions" became even more isolated.
He added that the USA will never recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia as independent states, and continue working with international partners to oppose the wide recognition of "these separatist regimes".
The U.S. policy is based on the firm support of the territorial integrity of georgia, its independency and sovereignty, denial of the idea of existing spheres of interest in the region, Vershbow added.
The Assistant Secretary reminded that Washington still calls on Moscow to implement August 12th and September 8th cease-fire agreements and draw the troops to the positions they had before the August conflict.