- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Over 120 Georgian provocations against South Ossetia and Abkhazia recorded within one year2009-08-05 12:54
For a year after the august events of 2008 Russian military recorded over 120 provocations against South Ossetia and Abkhazia, said today Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of Russia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Over 50 against Abkhazia, over 70 against South Ossetia, he explained - RIA Novosti.
Russia cannot rule out new Tbilisi's provocations on the threshold of August events anniversary. The situation in the region is very tense.
At night of July 30th from the Georgian side 3 mortar shots were fired at the suburb of Tskhinval. On August 1st - two mortar shots from the Georgian side at the monitoring post of the South Ossetian Ministry of Defense. On August 3rd - firing from Plavi [Georgia] at Otrev [South Ossetia].
The Georgian side strongly denies possibility of firing from its side and claims the shots came from South Ossetian side.
To avoid new provocations and penetration of the swine flu, South Ossetia closed the border with Georgia at midnight. This decision was made at yesterday's sitting of the South Ossetian leader Eduard Kokoyty with leaders of security, law enforcement and defense structures.