- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA continues arms supplies to Georgia2009-08-05 13:57
The USA continues armaments supplies to Georgia, said deputy Foreign Minister of Russia Grigoriy Karasin at the press conference in RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Commenting upon Vershbow's words, who said that Washington doesn't supply Georgia with weapons, he said "That's not fully true".
"According to our data, arms supplies from the USA continue, it worries us and makes take due measures", Karasin said.
Previously the General Staff of Russia expressed the same concern.
"The military capacity of Georgian armed forces is being restored, and arms supplies continue, though not as before, when it had been done under pretence of preparation of Georgia's armed forces following NATO standards. Now the supplies of armaments and military machinery continue, though according to another scheme", said Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy Chief of Staff.
"It cannot but worry us, as no threat for Georgia from the side of the Russian federation, from the Northern direction exists," he highlighted.