- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili admitted: years can be needed for Georgia’s integration in NATO2009-08-05 14:46
Georgia knows that possibly "years will be needed" for the country's integration in NATO," said Mikheil Saakashvili in his interview to one French channel, partially quoted today by Georgian TV - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The President added that even last year the country knew that the Alliance integration is a long process. He promised Georgia would continue course for joining, and therefore needs stabilization in the country, and political steps in this direction will be taken.
According to Saakashvili, Georgia has diplomatic and political support of the USA and the entire world community.
In the same interview he said that "Georgia had and has no wish a war with Russia, these are the authorities of Russia want it, Russia states it hasn't finished its affair in Georgia - they failed to shift power in our country".
In the President's view, the actions of Russia are dangerous not only for Georgia, but for all the world as well.