- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Over 5 000 South Ossetians are recognized aggrieved in August war2009-08-05 15:25
Russia recognized 5 143 South Ossetians aggrieved in the result of Georgia's aggression in August 2008, stated today Grigori Karasin, the deputy Foreign Minister of Russia, at the press conference in RIA Novosti, and added that it is the number of aggrieved civilians.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"According to the data of the Investigation Committee in the course of barbarian shellings and firings of the Georgian army 162 residents of South Ossetia were killed, 255 - wounded. In the course of repelling of the Georgian aggression 48 Russian military were killed, including 10 peacemakers", Karasin said.
He added that 162 military were injured.
According to the data, previously announced by Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy Chief of Staff of Russian Armed Forces, in the August conflict 64 Russian servicemen were killed, 49 out of them - in the course of peace enforcement operation, 15 peacemakers were killed and 15 were wounded repelling Georgia's aggression.