- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. Department of State representative arrived in Tbilisi2009-08-06 10:52
Last night Daniel Fried, the special representative of the U.S. Department of State arrived to conduct consultations with leaders of Georgia, representatives of the U.S. embassy to Georgia and the Foreign Ministry of Georgia said - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of his visit Fried is expected to hold meetings with, the foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze and other officials. The envoy will discuss Georgian-U.S. relations, situation in areas of South Ossetian and Abkhazian conflicts, also issues of the EUMM in Georgia work and possible joining of American representatives to the EUMM.
The visit will be finished this evening.
Up to May 2009 Daniel Fried was the Assistant Secretary of State (European Affairs) and visited Tbilisi several times. He was also the head of the American delegation at the first stage of the Geneva Talks.