- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA doesn’t regard embargoing arms supplies to Georgia as necessary2009-08-07 12:29
The USA currently does not supply Georgia with armaments and don't think that arms embargo should be laid in regard to this country, said today Philip Gordon, the Assistant Secretary of State. In his interview to Interfax he explained that Georgia, as well as any other country, has a right for self-defense.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Several days ago Grigoriy Karasin, the deputy Foreign Minister of Russia, said that according to the data the Russian side has not only the USA, but other countries as well supply Georgia with armaments, though he never explained which ones.
The General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces also expressed anxiety over the continuing arms supplies to Georgia from abroad.
"The military capacity of Georgian armed forces is being restored, and arms supplies continue, though not as before, when it had been done under pretence of preparation of Georgia's armed forces following NATO standards. Now the supplies of armaments and military machinery continue, though according to another scheme", said Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy Chief of Staff.
"It cannot but worry us, as no threat for Georgia from the side of the Russian federation, from the Northern direction exists," he highlighted.