- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian authorities prepare a reprisal over Chakhalyan?2009-08-10 12:39
Georgian authorities prepare provocations against Vaagn Chakhalyan, the political figure of Javakh. The aim is to kill or neutralize him, informs Erkir, the Union of public organizations, citing to trustworthy sources - Erkramas.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Union proves the information indirectly: mentioning that on July 31st 2009 Chakhalyan was transferred from prison #8 in Tbilisi to colony #2 in Rustavi, which "has far better conditions to organize a provocation".
Erkir believes that all the responsibility for possible provocation will rest on President Mikheil Saakashvili and Vano Merabishvili, the Interior Minister of Georgia.
The union demands from the authorities the guarantees of Chakhalyan's safety and transfer to the previous prison; it also calls on ombudsman Sozar Subari, diplomatic corps, and international human rights organizations to take measures to ensure Vaagn Chakhalyan's security.
Erkir, founded in 2002, unites a number of Armenian public organizations, dealing with issues of settlement, social, economic and cultural development of border regions of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh.