- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Name of the new head of the Public TV of Georgia to be announced today2009-08-10 14:35
After Levan Kubaneishvili's satisfied request on resignation 16 candidates submitted their applications. One of them, Georgi Tsikhiseli, the head of RTVi [Russain-speaking net] was not allowed for participation because of the incorrectly filled in form.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On August 6th the Board of Trustees [8 members] elected 3 out of 15: Giya Chanturia, the acting director general of the Public TV and ex-deputy of Kubaneishvili; journalist Zviad Koridze, and cinema director georgi kacharava - Novosti-Gruzia.
Koridze and Kacharava had 7 votes each, Chanturia - 6.
Erosi Kitsmarishvili, the founder and ex-owner of Rustavi-2 Company had only 1 vote.
The new director general will be elected and announced today, and will take the office no latter than on August 20th .
The Board of Trustees says it concerns about the view of candidates not only on programs but on technical and material spheres.