- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian MP cannot rule out a conflict in Gali region2009-08-10 17:09
Vice Speaker Paata Davitaya cannot rule out an armed clash between Russian military and Abkhazian groupings in Gali region of Abkhazia [populated mainly with Georgians], he said at today' s extraordinary session - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's connected with the desire of the sides to establish control on the so-called "border" and to define who will control the Georgian population in the region more. In fact, the situation got so acute that even separatist leader Bagapsh intends to arrive in Gali", Davitaya said.
He requested the Vice Speaker Giga Tsereteli to turn to the Foreign Ministry so as it informed international organizations about the situation in the conflict area.
"The tension in the conflict area may cause clash, followed with victims from the Georgian population," he warned. "We must inform the international organization that human rights are being violated, it happens overtly and even at the level when Russian troops can conflict with the local residents", Davitaya explained.