- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. marines go to train Georgians2009-08-11 12:16
The USA will send 85 marine troops servicemen to Georgia, ITAR-TASS reports citing to the Financial Times.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the paper, the U.S. military will work in the frame work of the program on training Georgian units to be sent to Afghanistan. Matthew Bryza, the US deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian affairs, staying in Georgia with the farewell visit, said the US would provide training and equipment for Georgian servicemen bound for Afghanistan but would not supply weapons to Georgia.
At the press conference on August 5th Grigori Karasin, the deputy Foreign Minister of Russia, stated that the USA, alongside with other countries, supplies weapons to Tbilisi.
At the same time anonymous sources state that Obama's administration stopped all the military export to Georgia, though without announcement.