- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Blogger Cyxymu asked Medvedev to find organizers of hacker attack2009-08-11 14:10
Georgian blogger Cyxymu, attack on whom several days ago crashed Twitter, LiveJournal and Facebook, turned into a hero of Western mass media. He's interviewed by leading European and American papers and journals - GZT.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I am not happy that [my] blogs were attacked," the blogger told the Los Angeles Times. "But it is good that I get famous," he added.
"I think [US President Barack] Obama knows about me, because he likes internet news."
In an open letter to Dmitri Medvedev, the president of Russia, the blogger, the resident of Tbilisi, whose real name is Georgy, appealed for an investigation into the attack, during which the affected websites were bombarded with data requests until they crashed - BBC.
"Your special services are able to trace the persons involved in this case and organisers of this attack," he wrote.
"And your court, the most humane court in the world, is able to find and punish them."
The blogger believes he suffered because of his anti-Russian views on the conflict in South Ossetia.
The DDoS attack occurred on August 6th, as a result Twitter spent most day offline. LiveJournal and YouTube also suffered, but the microblogging site was done most harm.