- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian Air Forces admitted their mistakes in August war2009-08-11 16:21
Commandment of the air Forces of Russia admits that mistakes were made in the use of aviation in the course of the August conflict, said Colonel General Alexander Zelin, the Commander in Chief of the Air Forces of Russia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Surely, there were mistakes, but conclusions were drawn. The main task was to help peacemakers, to provide actions of ground troops, who were pursuing the main aim. And these tasks were accomplished," Zelin said.
He explained that flaws were of objective and subjective character. He added that, for example, the elimination of shooters with portable anti-aircraft rocket launchers isn't the aim of the air forces. "But as the Commander in Chief of the Air Forces, I take all the mistakes as addressed to me," Zelin said.
According to the data of the Air Forces, four Russian aircrafts were shot down in the august war: one Tu 22 and three Su 25. The unofficial version states over 7 Russian aircrafts were downed.
Previously Georgia Times reported that the General Staff of Russia refuted the messages of Moscow Defence Brief. The journal stated that in August conflict Russian aircrafts were brought down with "friendly fire".