- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bryza awarded with Golden Fleece Order2009-08-11 17:45
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, awarded Matthew Bryza, the outgoing deputy Assistant Secretary of State, with Golden Fleece Order. At the ceremony the President mentioned that Matthew Bryza did a lot to reinforce the friendship between the two countries - Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Now the U.S. and Georgia are equal partners, though some people laugh, how such a great country and Georgia can be partners. However, we are partners and our friendship is based on common democratic values. These are not relations between a dependent and a great nation, but partner relations built on mutual respect," Saakashvili said.
In turn, Bryza thanked Saakashvili for the award and said that his contribution was modest, but he is grateful for its appreciation.
Matthew Bryza was the deputy Assistant to the U.S. Secretary of State and has often traveled to Georgia over the past five recent years. Bryza took active steps to bring together the two countries. His frequent visits were a constant topic of jokes at Georgian comic television programs.
On July 22nd Mikheil Saakashvili awarded U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden with St. George's Victory Order. At the official dinner in his residence he expressed gratitude to the U.S president Barack Obama, U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden, and the entire U.S. administration for the support they render to Georgia.