- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Venezuela for international recognition of South Ossetia2009-08-12 11:02
In the course of the South Ossetia and Modern Geopolitics conference, held yesterday, the public forum campaigned for international recognition of republic.gt-en-newsitem-inside
President of the Andean Parliament, Victor Morales opened the forum saying that the "aggression waged by Georgia on August 8th, was directed not only against South Ossetia, but against Russia as well" - ITAR TASS.
Jorge Echido, a well-known political scientist, said that "Georgian authorities served geopolitical interests of the USA and NATO and waged fratricidal war against own people".
Fernando Travieso, the MP, said that Georgia's aggression was caused with the desire to cut Russia off Caucasus and pass that important region under control of transnational oil and gas companies.
Forum's participants believe that Mikheil Saakashvili should be tried for war crimes; and members of Bolivarian Alternative for the Americas (ALBA): Bolivia, Honduras, Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua, Ecuador, and a number of Caribbean states, must recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The conference also campaigned against Georgia and Ukraine's joining NATO; and for dissolution of GUUAM union [Georgia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Moldova] and for support of peaceful settlement of conflicts in the territory of the former USSR.