- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition held a meeting with the Interior Minister2009-08-12 17:28
The meeting of several opposition leaders and the Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili - the first in several latest months - has been held today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The agreement to hold it was reached one week ago, at the extended National Security Council sitting - Trend.
"At the meeting we reached the agreement in accordance with which materials on detained activists of opposition parties, given by us to the Interior Minister, will be thoroughly considered by the Ministry, and specific replies will be given within one week," said Irakli Alasania, Our Georgia-Free Democrats leader, and added that in case opposition activists are detained for political motives.
He regards both these agreements as very important.
At the same time David Usupashvili, the Republican Party leader, stated that he raised the issue of "demolition of all the system resulted in appearance of political prisoners".
Since April 9th 119 opposition activists have been detained, out of them 39 - over accusation of a crime, 42 are in administrative confinement, 41 paid fines.