- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia included in the list of unstable states2009-08-14 12:04
Georgia included in the list of unstable states, composed by ForeignPolicy, an influential American journal.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The rating was published in the latest issue, spread in London. Georgia is the 33rd in the list - ITAR TASS.
The list is made on the basis of analysis of situation on 12 key parameters. Among them: economic recession, decline of state, escape of citizens from own country, activity of special services, critical attitude of citizens to own government.
The rating is headed by Somali. Next come Zimbabwe and Sudan. Georgia is 33rd, between Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Georgia is also included in another rating by Foreign Policy - the one of biggest arms importers. It is 9th , with imported weapons at the sum of USD 427 mln in 2006-2007.