- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Border guards of Belarus and Lithuania detained 5 Georgian citizens2009-08-14 16:01
Five Georgian citizens were detained in the course of joint operation of Belarusian and Lithuanian border guards - Interfax-Zapad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Alexander Tishchenko, the head of the press service of the state border guard committee of Belarus, at Thursday night in the territory of Grodno border guard squad, a track of footsteps leading to the border, was detected. Border guards cooperated and blocked the district. In a few hours Lithuanian border guard service detained 5 Georgian citizens.
They were detained practically at the joint of Belarusian, Lithuanian and Polish borders.
In the course of investigation procedures it was figured out the law-breakers were on their way to the EU via Belarus to obtain the status of refugee. All the five are detained, measures to find accomplices are taken, said Tishchenko. He thinks they can be in the territory of Belarus.