- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Amendments to the law on assemblies and manifestations to be valid tomorrow2009-08-17 12:39
On August 18th amendments to the law on assemblies and manifestations will officially become valid - Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to these amendments, blocking state enterprises and intentional obstacles the traffic is prohibited. Blocking central streets is allowed only in case the number of action participants demands it.
Police is allowed to use so-called non-lethal weapons against action participants to protect public order.
The code of administrative infringements was also amended. The term of administrative punishment is prolonged from 30 to 90 days secure placement. The amount of fine is increased to 1000 lari.
Georgian opposition is strongly against these amendments, the parliamentary fraction of Christian Democrats proposed President Saakashvili to veto them [the amendments].