- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA will not pass weapons to Georgia2009-08-17 13:30
Passing weapons from the USA to Georgia is not implied by the program of training Georgian soldiers for operation in Afghanistan, said David Jagalania, the deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia, at today's briefing - the Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He added that 6-month program starts in September. One battalion and one company of Georgian military will serve in Afghanistan in the U.S. and in French contingents, Jagalania added.
On Sunday a group of 5 U.S. Marines instructors arrived in Georgia. They will train the 31st battalion of the third Kutaisi brigade [750 servicemen] who will be the first to be sent to Afghanistan. The standard scheme of rotation: once per 6 months, will be applied to Georgian servicemen. In the course of the service of one battalion the training of the next one will start.
Several more groups of Americans are expected to arrive in Georgia.