- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Two members of the Republican Party sentenced to prison2009-08-17 16:05
Gori city court sentenced two activists of the Republican Party of Georgia, David Gudadze and Tamaz Tlashadze, to 4 and 3 years of imprisonment respectively - the Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The party stated they were included I the list of political prisoners opposition sent to interior Minister Vano Merabishvili on August 12th.
The Interior Minister promised to reply within one week.
The two activists were arrested in mid June: Gudadze - for illegal possession and carrying a grenade, Tlashadze for illegal possession of drugs. Neither plead guilty; both said they were arrested for political motives. The Republican Party called on the authorities to stop the repressions; and on the Public Defender of Georgia, the diplomatic corps, and all the human rights organisations - to reveal interest to the aforesaid facts and assist in investigation.