- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi city court obliged Burjanadze pay USD 760 0002009-08-18 16:18
Today Tbilisi city court obliged Nino Burjanadze, the ex-Speaker of the Parliament, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader, to pay 1 252 447 lari [appr 760 000 dollars] to the state budget - the Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This sum is a tax upon Burjanadze's cottage in Tskhneti, the prestigious suburb of Tbilisi. The dacha was passed to her for a symbolic price of 1 lari by President Mikheil Saakashvili. The sentence can be appealed within 14 days.
Previously Burjanadze stated she had no intention to pay, and the cost of the cottage was overstated. Today she stated she started consultations with other opposition forces to resume active actions against Saakashvili regime this September.
"We are in a working regime, working out the detailed action plan", Burjanadze highlighted.