- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to continue economic partnership with CIS countries2009-08-18 16:57
Though Georgia left CIS [Commonwealth of independent States], it will continue economic cooperation with CIS member countries, the Ministry of Economic Development of Georgia states.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Starting from August 19, 2009 Georgia officially breaks off relations with CIS; nevertheless Georgia stays as the member of CIS multifaceted economic agreements," the statement of the Ministry says.
One of these is agreement on creation of Free Industrial Zone, which implies free flow of goods between the member countries (no taxation on the goods.)
"In order for the agreement to function, it is important that the countries are guided by the production rules regulated by the CIS, which means estimation of product creation criteria under which the production certificate of the good was issued. The certificate will secure the flow of the good into Free Trade regime," the statement adds.
"Georgia also maintains its positions as the regulatory, standardizing, metrology and multifaceted certification realm executing member of the free trade agreement. According to this agreement member countries recognize the quality and compliance standards of each others' export goods," the document explains.
The country also decided to stay a member of CIS railway collaboration organization; a member of international railway cargo agreement, a member of intergovernmental agreement on hazardous and explosive cargo transportation. LTD "Georgian Railroad" stays as the member of the International Railroad Council
Georgia will remain the member of copyright and adjacent rights protection agreement and a member of fake product trade-marks and geographic location report and suppression agreement.