- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Security Council of Abkhazia Secretary submitted resignation2009-08-18 17:16
Stanislav Lakoba, the Secretary of the Security Council of Abkhazia, submitted resignation - Kavkazskiy Uzel. According to Lakoba, the events connected with amendments to the law on citizenship made him resign.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Today I handed the application for abdication of responsibilities of the Security Council of Abkhazia secretary, and left," he said.
He added the decision wasn't made some time ago but decided to submit no resignations on the threshold of Vladimir Putin's visit to Abkhazia.
At the last sitting of spring session, held on July 31st Abkhazian MPs dicussed over 15 issues, one of them - amendments to the Law on Citizenship of republic of Abkhazia, which was criticized harshly by the opposition.
The bill was passed, the law was amended: 20 votes for and 11 against, one abstained in the final poll.